The workplace can be a very dangerous place. Every year, thousands of workers are injured on the job, some very seriously, others fatally. The workers’ compensation system was designed to ensure workers are protected financially in the event of a workplace injury. At Lefante Law Offices, P.C., we have award winning personal injury lawyers who handle personal injury cases of all types. When you are injured at work, you are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits regardless of fault. Benefits are paid by your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance.
Common Types of Illinois Work Related Injuries
Many different forms of injury may render workers unable to return to their job. Some common workplace injuries that may warrant the pursuit of compensation include:
- Severe burns
- Neurological disorders
- Communication disturbances
- Paralysis, including paraplegia and quadriplegia
- Spinal cord injury
- Multiple fractures
- Brain or closed-head injuries
- Industrial blindness
- Torn rotator cuff
- Torn ligaments
What should you do if you’ve suffered a Work Related Injury?
Don’t wait! Call an attorney today. People often have concerns about hiring a workers’ compensation lawyer. The most common questions we get about workers’ compensation cases are:
- How much does it cost?
- What does the process look like?
- How much does Illinois workers’ compensation actually pay?
At LeFante Law Offices, P.C., we are committed to fighting for you or your loved one’s memory, achieving acknowledgement and some form of compensation. As you focus on healing, leave the burden of seeking damages to us. We will work diligently to bring the truth surrounding your accident to light, which may even help prevent future injuries. LeFante Law Offices, P.C. has the expertise and experience to skillfully fight for restitution.
The Illinois Workers’ Compensation Act
It may be small solace, but injured workers and survivors of workers who have been killed can and should seek compensation for their losses. Following an injury, the insurance company will usually try to settle quickly to minimize costs. That’s why it is in the best interests of the injured worker to hire an experienced workers’ compensation attorney.
Most people employed in the State of Illinois are covered under the Workers’ Compensation Act. There are several major benefits under the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Act, including:
- Medical expense benefits covered at 100% with no deductible or co-pay
- Temporary total disability benefits to allow you to heal from your injuries
- Permanent partial disability benefits for injuries suffered resulting in a partial loss of the use of a body part
- Permanent total disability if your injury leaves you unable to do any kind of work
- Wage-loss differential if your injury prohibits you from doing your job and you must take a lower-paying job
- Vocation retraining if you cannot return to your job because of your injury and must pursue another occupation
- Survivor benefits for the dependent heirs of a worker killed on the job
Advocating for Injury Victims in central Illinois
Get the Compensation You Deserve
Call Today 309-999-1111
Being injured on the job can turn your life upside down, especially when your workers’ compensation benefits are denied or your adjuster is playing games. Our lawyers can help. We’re here to make sure you receive all the workers’ compensation benefits that you’re entitled to, and to protect you when your insurance company or your employer treats you unfairly. If you or a loved one has suffered a workplace injury, contact us immediately.
Lefante Law Offices, P.C. is based in Peoria, but serving those injured in Workers’ Compensation cases in Springfield, Bloomington, Moline, Rock Island, Normal, Decatur, Galesburg, Peru, La Salle, Ottawa, Urbana, Champaign, Danville, Litchfield, Beardstown, Canton, Kankakee, Joliet, Naperville, Belleville, Carlinville, Clinton, Jacksonville, Collinsville, Quincy, Taylorville, and other cities across central Illinois.