Nursing Home Negligence
At LeFante Law Offices, P.C., we hold Illinois Nursing Homes Accountable
Talk to an attorney today to find out if you or your family member has a case
Placing an elderly loved one in a nursing home or assisted-living facility can be a heart-wrenching decision. Yet millions of families each year are faced with putting their beloved parent or grandparent in such a facility. At the very least, you expect that their medical and day-to-day living needs will be met, and your loved one will be properly cared for. Unfortunately, negligence and outright abuse in nursing homes are all too common. And while state and federal regulations, including the Illinois Nursing Home Care Act, have been established to protect the elderly in these settings, gross violations occur every single day, compromising the health, well-being and dignity of our most vulnerable loved ones. At Lefante Law Offices, P.C., we have award winning personal injury lawyers who handle cases of all types.
Do you have a Nursing Home Neglect or Abuse Case?
Nursing home neglect can vary among individual cases, but the four primary types of nursing home neglect involve:
- Emotional or social neglect: The elder person is repeatedly ignored, left alone, or accidentally snapped at by the nursing home staff
- Personal hygiene neglect: The patient doesn’t receive adequate help with cleaning, bathing, brushing their teeth, laundry or other forms of hygienic practices
- Basic needs neglect: The nursing home neglects to provide reasonable food, water or a safe and clean environment
- Medical neglect: The nursing home fails to provide adequate attention, prevention, or medication for concerns such as bed sores, infections, cuts, cognitive diseases, diabetes, and mobility concerns
If a nursing home’s neglect or abuse has caused a serious injury to you or a member of your family, it’s important to find out what options you have for legal recourse. Contact us today for a free case evaluation.
What should you do if you or a loved one have been a victim of Nursing Home Abuse?
Don’t wait! Call an attorney at Lefante Law Offices, P.C. today. People often have concerns about hiring a nursing home neglect lawyer. The most common questions we get about nursing home neglect and abuse cases are:
- How much does it cost? LeFante Law Offices offers a 100% Free Case evaluation and will often charge nothing unless the case is won.
- What does the process look like? During your evaluation, we will take a look at the known facts and explain the process of seeking justice for you or your loved one from start to finish!
At LeFante Law Offices, P.C., we are committed to fighting for you or your loved one, achieving acknowledgement and some form of compensation. As you focus on healing, leave the burden of seeking damages to us. We will work diligently to bring the truth surrounding your situation to light, which may even help prevent neglect for other residents in the future. LeFante Law Offices, P.C. has the expertise and experience to skillfully fight for restitution.
Warning Signs of Nursing Home Abuse
- Emotional Withdrawal
- Silence around caretakers
- Changes in behavior
- Changes in the patient’s will or power of attorney
- Unexpected bruises
- Sudden weight loss
- Sudden or unexplained infections, viruses or diseases
- Physical discomfort
- Bruises or marks near the genitals
Advocating for Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse Victims in central Illinois
Get the Compensation You Deserve
Call Today 309-999-1111
Most commonly, victims’ families are the first to discover and report elder or nursing home abuse. Unfortunately, these families suffer the most in terms of the financial and emotional abuse. By hiring LeFante Law Offices, P.C. as your elder abuse attorneys, we can provide you with the trained and skilled representation to take action.
Lefante Law Offices, P.C. is based in Peoria, but serving those injured in Nursing Home Injury cases in Springfield, Bloomington, Moline, Rock Island, Normal, Decatur, Galesburg, Peru, La Salle, Ottawa, Urbana, Champaign, Danville, Litchfield, Beardstown, Canton, Kankakee, Joliet, Naperville, Belleville, Carlinville, Clinton, Jacksonville, Collinsville, Quincy, Taylorville, and other cities across central Illinois.